Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy 9th Birthday Devan

It was 9 years ago. Seems so long ago but yet so close. I miss 9 years ago. I miss my baby boy being a baby. I miss my Granny calling and asking how his birthday went. I miss a lot. I miss how time changes.

My sweet, wonderful, caring, funny, and handsome son was born 9 years ago today. 

A few weeks prior I had went to my OB Dr and he said my blood pressure was high and that he was going to put me on bed rest and induce my labor on August 5th. He says he needed me to make it to 39 weeks and was putting me on strict bed rest. Ugh I thought!!  The labor and delivery ward would call me when they were ready on that day but until then I was on strict bed rest and see him once a week.

The day comes...August 5. I call the hospital and the nurse tells me they have my name and info and right now they didn't have a bed but would call me by lunch time.
I am at mama and daddy's house and mom and I are just hanging out and we decide to take a nap right and after we lay down she calls!!   Mom and I head up there and I get checked into the hospital, its about 12:00 by now. The nurse comes in a checks me, she says with a concerned look on her face am I in pain. I said no. Well, I was 6cm dilated and my baby boy was born an hour later!

Seems like yesterday that I held a little 5lb 14oz baby. Seems like yesterday that I was awake every 3 hours to feed him. The middle of the night moments when the house was quiet and I was giving him his bottle was the sweetest.  He had (has) the biggest "doe" eyes. It makes my heart melt. I miss those days so much. He's a mama's boy and I like it that way. I tell him all the time I am the only women (besides his grandma of course..lol)  that will never hurt him. The only women that he can always turn too.
He is my heart. He is my baby. Forever. No matter how old.
I was in love the minute I held you. I would give my life the minute I saw you. I thank God everyday he chose me to be your mommy. I am the lucky one. I am the one you get to call mom. I love you Devan everyday for the rest of my life. Happy Birthday baby.
*******************************
We all love you so much. You are grandpa's little buddy!

You are grandma's "baby" 


Aunt Stephanie and Uncle DeeJay at your party!


Batman Party and a water balloon fight...it was the best day!






Before you know it, I'll be sitting here a year from now amazed how he will be turning 10. Oh my....I cant even think of it now. My heart cant take it!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, April, that makes me cry! We all love you, Devan and Laila with all our hearts and soul. Thank you so much for letting grandma and grandpa share their lives.

    ReplyDelete