Sunday, August 19, 2012

New school... New emotions

The kids started at new school this year. New school, new friends, new teachers, new school uniforms, and new emotions and boy-oh-boy did we have emotions!!
Day 1 was very upsetting to Devan but not Laila. After begging and pleading me not to send him to school I called trusty ole Grandpa to the rescue for some pep talk and words of encouragement.
Grandpa came and calmed Devan down and gave him a pep talk. Grandpa is good with encouraging words.

Day 2 was a little better. Better as in it only took me about 45 minutes of trying to get them ready to leave before we ACTUALLY left the house.  Devan still wasn't happy. Laila I think realized the use of her Barbie lunch box wasn't as fun as she thought on the first day of school. LOL

Day 3 was smiles! Although they Devan still said he "hates" wearing these clothes. But, we made it out the door 30 minutes after I woke them up....2 hours after I have been awake.

Well, at least it was only a 3 day week. Hopefully this week will better.  I can only pray and be assured that it will get better as the weeks go by.

Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him, and expect help from Him, He will never fail you.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand


1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of Devan and Laila. They are doing so good at their new school!! So thankful that they were able to have this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete