Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

Today my babies started school. Laila went to Kindergarten and Devan is in 2nd grade! I was so emotional this morning!

Devan said he was nervous. Laila said she want to know her friends in her class. She checked, double checked, and triple checked that I would be there to pick her up. (Just today-after that they will ride the daycare van)

I cried as I pulled out of the parking lot of school. I cried because my baby is in kindergarten. I cried because my baby is in 2nd grade and gave me the biggest hug when I left his classroom. I cried because I miss my Granny on this important day. I would have in the past called and told her how the "drop off" went as I have done every year since Devan was in Kindergarten. It is an adjustment that I am not taking easy. There are so many first this month that she isn't here for.

Here is Devan and Laila after eating a yummy breakfast before leaving for the big day!

Laila ready to go. First day of Kindergarten, age 4

Walking up to the school.


Outside the school
A whole new world has happened today.... 2 kids in school and 2 kids with homework, Cheaper daycare (before and after school!)
I miss my "babies" already!


No comments:

Post a Comment